The Director of Undergraduate Studies for
the Department of Computer Science
at Yale University
is Zhong Shao.
- Professor Zhong Shao's office hours: Monday and Thursday 4-5pm, Room 314
- Given the large number of CS majors,
Professor Richard Yang
will serve as a "Co-DUS."
His office hours: Wednesday and Friday 4-5pm, Room
Majors in Computer Science, Computer Science and Mathematics, Computer Science and Psychology, and Electrical Engineering and Computer Science are strongly encouraged to sign up for the cs-majors mailing list.
A second mailing list cs-majors-jobs is used for job postings that may be of interest to CS majors. Membership in this list is optional and independent of membership in the cs-majors list.
The department is hiring Peer Tutors and Undergraduate Course Graders. If you are interested, you can find an application form here.
- The Yale College Dean’s Office has pointers to just about anything you might want to know about undergraduate academics at Yale (including the online versions of all Yale College Publications).
- The Yale Department of Computer Science home page has pointers to resources more specific to Computer Science.
- The Departmental Student Advisory Committee (DSAC) maintains a web page providing documentation for the Zoo, the Computer Science Department’s undergraduate computing laboratory.
- The Yale Science and Engineering Research (YSER) web site describes opportunities, workshops, and programs for the support of undergraduate research.
- The Computer Research Association maintains a website for undergraduate research opportunities.